Just a caution: Using static file hosting services like pastebin (or even github) to load JSON will frustrate you, A LOT. I also went through this struggle at first and had no idea what was going on because i was testing my markup and was constantly updating, but the update wasn't being reflected immediately. This is because these static file hosting sites cache content, so you'll get the same JSON for a while.
I got so annoyed at this that I built a web app just so that it doesn't cache content. I opened it up so people can quickly get started without hassle. Try it out : https://www.jasonbase.com It never caches content so all your updates will be immediately reflected.
Hopefully this was the issue.